Materion (formerly Brush Wellman) constructed a new pebble processing plant to provide the US DoD with beryllium for use in optical devices in military aircraft, missile defense units, and satellite structures. IPS completed several projects for the new Plant.
- Site Development of the 50-acre site, Installed the building pad and utilities in a green field area.
- Interior Process Steel – Fabricated and erected 800 tons of support steel for new floors and equipment.
- Interior Concrete – Poured 100,000 SF of floors on the 23’-0 and 46’-0 levels, and formed and poured a 40’-wide x 20’-long x 22’-high concrete structure.
- Magnesium Storage Building – Turnkey construction of a 3,000 SF facility, including all infrastructure.
- Locker Room Expansion – Turnkey construction inside existing facility.
IPS also completed the metal studs and drywall, doors and windows, and industrial coatings packages along with outside blast walls for the furnace, genset installation, and AEP locker room clean air system