Project Manager - New York
This position is for a travel Project Manager at a jobsite in New York.
As a Project Manager with IPS, you will have the authority to drive successful results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while setting industry leading standards by exceeding expectations and embodying Integrity, Performance, and Safety: The IPS Way.
Salary: $75,000 – $120,000 per year. Full time position.
Benefits include: 401k matching, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings account (HSA), life insurance, and paid time off (PTO).
*Per-diem for lodging, travel, and expenses are provided. Sign on bonus and project completion bonus may be available.*
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed
- Actively participate in bidding and preconstruction services as needed
- Represent IPS as the client’s primary contact
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project: owner, subcontractors, other IPS employees, architects/engineers, etc.
- Manage the performance of the support personnel on the project site (project engineer, field superintendents)
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep the project on schedule
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, approve invoices, and change requests
- Negotiate contract changes with the client
- Complete close-out requirements
- Mentor and train project engineers and assistant project managers for ongoing growth and development
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant construction operations experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in construction management, engineering, or a related field
- Ability to travel occasionally to project sites as needed
- Desire to succeed. Strong leader – self starter who drives excellence and meets high standards
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients
- Fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule with our in-house scheduler